Re: ...aluminum foil on the walls...

From: m (mt_2@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 22:14:05 MDT

--- Eugene Leitl <eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
wrote:
> m writes:
>
> > There might actually be "grounds" for his
> concern
> > after all.
>
> By wearing silvery conductive clothes and dragging a
> metal chain
> behind you (a la Antaeus Brotherhood) you not only
> set a dramatic
> fashion statement, but also make you taser-proof.

 The "Ghost of Technology to come"?

> Aluminized mineral fiber jacket will also make you
> (somewhat)
> fireproof.

How about a metallic fibre body stocking?
You'd be safe from EM up to some very high frequency
depending on the weave (Say 200 Ghz)!

Then
 1.) Use metal-soled shoes, or go barefoot,
 2.) Do NOT get a job as an electrician :)

 Actually, workers on high-tension lines somewhere
(UK?) tested full-body metallic suits, that allowed
them to work on 300 KV lines with the power on!
They were dropped onto the work area by helicopter!

 I don't know what would happen if one of these people

grabbed an earthed strut at the same time as they
handled a cable at EHT; I would imagine that suit
would get rather hot with resistive heating!

Michael