...aluminum foil on the walls...

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 21:02:25 MDT

Sayke@aol.com wrote:

> ...are you serious about this? did the previous occupant get any psychiatric
> attention? i thought the legends surrounding this type of thing had been
> relegated to the urban legend bucket over in the corner...

Yup. The landlord said the guy lived there several years, alone, with
almost no furniture. All the foil was hung shiny side out (?). Software
guy for Taligent. He paid the rent on time and wasnt actually damaging
the apartment, soooo, OK. Indeed, there were not even
any nail holes in the walls for pictures. The landlord didnt ask for any
explanations, and the guy didnt offer any. I dont know if he was
seeing a shrink. He had done all the windows too, and even the
glass sliding door, which made it so it couldnt even be used as an
exit, without wrecking the, uh... decor.

Landlord said the guy called one day and said he had moved out
and the key was under the mat. Never heard from him again, left
the aluminum foil behind and never even asked for his cleaning deposit
back. The worst part of it was removing all the tabs of double sided
tape. Fortunately, the landlord knew that trichloroethylene kills the
sticky on most kinds of tape, so it comes away cleanly (free household
cleaning tip).

> I used to wear a 19th century French tern as a hat, but it started to smell
> and molt. I wasn't finally cured until I read Oliver Ducks' wonderful book
> THE MAN WHO MISTOOK HIS TERN FOR A CHAPEAU.

Dontcha just hate it when ya make a typo on this list? Several hundred
amateur commedians with nothing better to do than make wise cracks.

Actually this one *is* pretty funny...

{8^D spike