Re: Patents

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 17:17:56 MST

> At 10:42 AM 99/12/24 , Spike Jones wrote:. If I want to publish an idea
> >so that no one else can patent it but anyone can use it, seems
> >like an open forum such as this one would be the place to post it...
>
> Sasha Chislenko wrote: How about a special website with a searchable
> directory of ideas and date registration?
>
> UNPATENT.ORG ? [ANTIPATENT, FREEPATENT,...?]...

Cool idea Sasha. I would be willing to do a brain barf into something
like
that, for all my ideas regarding nanotech. Looks to me like if we dont
have something like this, then *eeeeverything* we have today can have
a nano version patented, taking it out of circulation for a long time. It

would be a mechanical engineer's playground, where every spring, cog
and bolt that we have had for centuries would be up for patent.

On the other hand, having all that stuff patented for 20 yrs might tip
the scales back in fovor of the AI guys. Problem is, I havent figured
out if that is a good thing or a bad thing. {8-| spike