Re: Bicentennial Man

From: dennis (dennis@stk.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 09:54:13 MST

I liked the movie, (Excellent acting, jokes and special effects)
though I agree the central idea of an intelligence embracing mortality
instead of eternity seems a little rediculous. And aging/mortality is presented
as a good thing, something I didn't like to see.

What I find more amazing is the introduction to Michael Crichton's
newest novel _Timeline_ and the use of nanotechnology in
Clive Cussler's new novel _Atlantis Found_. Cussler even mentions
Drexler and Chris Peterson by name.

_Timeline_ and _Atlantis Found_ are NY Times bestseller
mainstream books. Nanotechnology, quantum foam, and AI have all
hit the conscious level of the reading and movie going public.

Dennis Ivey
dennis@stk.com