Re: META: Searching the list

From: Harvey Newstrom (newstrom@newstaffinc.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 09:35:21 MST

Dan Fabulich <daniel.fabulich@yale.edu> wrote on Friday, December 17, 1999
3:53 am,

> Amused by Ken's post, I decided to do a search on "qualia" on the only
> search engine that I'm aware of which searches the extropians list.
>
> http://www.lucifer.com/exi-lists/
>
> It turned up ONE HIT. This will never do!

I must admit that I have never been able to use the search engine for this
list with any reasonable results. This has been a known problem discussed
on this list for many years. We have even had some people insisting that
the history of this list is selectively included/excluded in the archives.
I have given up trying to use the archives, because it never seems to be
able to find anything.

--
Harvey Newstrom <mailto://newstrom@newstaffinc.com>
<http://harveynewstrom.com>