Re: Violence...

From: Brian D Williams (talon57@well.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 08:17:14 MDT

From: "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com>

>I think it is a rural myth. That kind of battle madness is built
>into the human neurology. A pill is entirely unnecessary. Just
>something made up by people who rather wouldn't believe in the
>dark side of the mind, I suppose.

Actually I think this is probably true, I tried searching some
yesterday to determine what exactly they were using.

The Japanese routinely gave Methamphetamine (shabu) to troops
during WWII, especially kakikazi, to hype them up. We used
amphetamines for the same reason, recently troops in Somalia had to
deal with locals wacked out on Ghat.

Common, everyday stuff.....

Brian

Member, Extropy Institute, www.extropy.org
Life Extension Foundation, www.lef.org
National Rifle Association, www.nra.org, 1.800.672.3888
Mars Society, www.marssociety.org
Ameritech Data Center Chicago, IL, Local 134 I.B.E.W