den Otter's racism pollutes the extropian list

From: Damien Broderick (damien@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 09:37:58 MDT

At 09:57 PM 20/05/99 +0200, den Otter sig'd

>"What I would most desire would be the separation of the white and black
races."
>(Spoken at Springfield, Illinois on July 17th, 1858; from Abraham Lincoln:
Complete
>Works, 1894, Vol. 1, page 273).

I waited a while to see if a few people immediately and forthrightly
expressed their revulsion at this kind of sly, evil trolling. I paused
before doing so myself because I'm probably pegged by many here as some
kind of censorious holier-than-thou meddler. Still, I have in mind the
dictum about evil prevailing when good men and women do nothing...

Damien Broderick