Re: den Otter's racism pollutes the extropian list

From: Timothy Bates (tbates@karri.bhs.mq.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 00:43:11 MDT

Damien has decided that quoting Lincoln is "sly evil trolling" on the part
of den Otter. He is "revolted" (offending quote appended below).

My own reaction in reading den's quote was to remind myself how easily our
culture idealizes its icons.

It occurs to me now that the way it gets away with this is through exactly
the "censorious holier-than-thou [meddling]" that you are attempting here.

tim

the "evil troll" --