Re: Is GAC Friendly?

From: Mike Lorrey (mlorrey@datamann.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 10:35:10 MDT

"J. R. Molloy" wrote:

> > In so far as GAC doesn't have a need to have a result matching
> > its "desires", it is not "intelligent". In so far as it returns
> > an answer based on popular opinion (without an analysis of the
> > methods used to reach that opinion) it is also not "intelligent".
> > In so far as it returns the "common perspective" it is "intelligent".
>
> This description suggests to me the type of personality that successfully
> operates in the office of the Presidency. Indeed, GAC could function well in
> that position, except for cosmetic considerations. In addition, some
> commentators have pointed out the importance of friendliness in such a
> political figurehead. One might as well ask, "Is GWB friendly?"
>
> Of course Bush is friendly! (So was his Dad.)

Hah. Lets consider some means of how to get an AI to generate its own
'desires'.

First, lets look at how humans do this:

a) patterning on those who spend the most time with us, they become the
greatest influences
b) patterning on those who we determine state the most 'truth' and have
the highest trust ratings with us.
c) patterning on perceptions of beauty (what is beauty?)
d) etc

Mike Lorrey