Re: free markets:programing in Opensource

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 14:37:53 MDT

"Alex F. Bokov" wrote:

> You know, you just made me realize a sinister way somebody could
> take advantage of the Echelon-spamming fad. If I was big brother
> and wanted little brothers from finding out about something that
> was irretrievably leaked onto the 'net, I'd add that term to an
> echelon-spamming list, and after a while it would start showing
> up in all kinds of places, making it useless to try and do a
> web-search for that item. Meta-censorship.

Well, Javien Forums appears to be down. I wonder if maybe they're adding
a little feature that lets you exclude SIG FILES from the SEARCH FUNCTION,
ahem ahem.

(At Extro 5, Javien tried to demonstrate their forum software by searching
for articles containing "singularity", returning 1700 results. They then
tried to search for articles containing "singularity" written by
"yudkowsky", returning 1300 results. Big laugh.)

> As for POM, I quote for you from http://www.parascope.com/konformist/today.htm

Whoa. There's a conspiracy for everything.

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/