Re: free markets:programing in Opensource

From: Alex F. Bokov (alexboko@umich.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 14:00:18 MDT

You know, you just made me realize a sinister way somebody could
take advantage of the Echelon-spamming fad. If I was big brother
and wanted little brothers from finding out about something that
was irretrievably leaked onto the 'net, I'd add that term to an
echelon-spamming list, and after a while it would start showing
up in all kinds of places, making it useless to try and do a
web-search for that item. Meta-censorship.

Of course, the savvy searcher could do a web-search that excludes
the other popular echelon phrases...

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> "Alex F. Bokov" wrote:
> >
> > SF Park on Meter IRS
> > Why are the above words in my signature? Check out:
> > http://www.echelon.wiretapped.net
>
> Um... Alex... why are the words "SF" and "Park on Meter" in your
> signature?

Dunno why "SF". Just was on one of the echelon-spamming lists I used.

As for POM, I quote for you from http://www.parascope.com/konformist/today.htm

The following piece by Minister Don was in regard a little piece I wrote about Park On Meter.

Rob, Double check on this fact reguarding POM (Park On Meter) in
Arkansas: <..."The Big Book of Conspiracies", which details the often
ignored link to Foster and the apparent CIA slush fund formed by POM
(Park On Meter), a company allegedly formed to manufacture parking
meters but got involved in developing biological weapons
instead. According to the Terry Reed book "Compromised" Park On Meter
is a company that made small machine parts for parking meters. Takeing
place in Iran Contra era. The story is that the company then owned by
CIA front man Reed was approaced by Ollie North and CIA/NSA cohorts to
make sear pins to fit the AR-15. (Civiian semi-auto only version of
the M-16) A small pin like part change in the lower reciver of the
weapon makes it go full auto. The scam was this in a nutshell: Buy
civy semi-auto weapons out of civiian gun shops. Slip in a new sear
pin made by POM. Then put weapons on cargo plane to Contra
gurillas. Haul back some coke, "give" to Freeway Rick, cook up Coke
into Crack, sell to black street gangs in south central LA. CIA front
guys buys more AR-15s with profits. Repeat cycle. Ollie scims a little
bit of the cash off the top and buys his daughter a new ballet
tutu. After Iran -Contra flap settles down finds "easy financing" to
start business to make kelvar body armor for cops being shot at by LA
Street Gangs with AK-47s (See Col. Phill Corso's book "The Day After
Roswell" reguarding strong "buttet proof" fibers for body armor) Bio
weapons made in Arkansas? Not hardly unless you count Tyson's Foods
chicken shit samenela bactera bio-hazard processing plant
operations. Don (n. Dark Prince, Ruler of Worlds) Minister of
Fropraganda 1st Vile Lodge of Greater Fargonia The Church of the
SubGenius

Robalini's Response:

>From Doug Moench in The Big Book of Conspiracies: "Michael
Riconosciuto says POM manufactured a lot more than parking meters --
chemical and biological weapons, for example, in partnership with
those wacky Wackenht guys for use in the Contra war."

And, from our pal Kenn Thomas and Jim Keith in The Octopus, page 134:
"Riconosciuto also told Mark Swaney, the head of a University of
Arkansas student grop responsible for a petition drive to investigate
Mena, that he had been involved in developing chemical and biological
weapons in a project connected to POM - apparently never explicit that
this was also connected to the work he did on Cabazon tribal lands -
and that the company also manufactured external ful tanks for C-130
transport planes."

Of course, Riconosciuto was known to exaggerate.

Sources: The Konformist 24 January 1997 Part II THE TRANSFER AGREEMENT
Barry Chamish (chamish@netmedia.net.il) Beatles' Road Manager Admits
Defrauding Michael Boren Williams Williams Institute
(williamsinstitute@bluewin.ch) Mihra Update Roger Bunn
(mihra@cerbernet.co.uk) Park On Meter Info

--
bomb Linda Thompson NASA