Re: godhood and children

From: Brian Phillips (deepbluehalo@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 16:02:15 MDT

I wrote..
> Now, when you have intelligent young men who are deeply
> romantic, love children, and have great amounts of solid
> nuclear family background....and they coldbloodedly
> decide to opt for sperm storage and a vasectomy, and
> a life without matrimony.... something serious is happening.
Lee responded...
Yes, but nature always corrects for mistakes. You will
observe that the groups having the most children do not
behave this way. It's simply a question of fitness. The
"fads" of having small families, or vasectomies, will of
course die out. There will simply be a demographic replacement
of biologically inferior groups by biologically fitter groups.>
  Within the larger populations of the human species yes.
  Most of humanity will be churning on in the usual manner...
but the "foot vote" away from feminine caprice is most
noticable on the leading edge of the curve... that section
of society that's likely going to be clading off into new
subspecies any decade now. Good examples of this are
the homosexual community in the West. Lots more gay
men than dykes, they are the near the wave's crest so to
speak...and their numbers and reproductive interest,
and their disproportional representation among the
meritocracy and intelligentsia means they are the the
point of the wedge for males who are not self-identifying
homosexuals (or are not especially attached to the
lable anyway)...but who are cognizant of the simple
fact that the old ways don't work anymore. I will probably
get flamed for this..but it's a truism that the lesbian
intelligentsia is not especially fond of het men (def:
men who do not identify as queer). They are doing
a fine job steering the women's movement on a course
that get's them what they want...separatism. But it's
not on women's terms...and here's why...
  The same technology that lets a male gay
couple reproduce with a sympathetic dyke...
is the technology that allows het or ambi males
rent a uterus and go to town. The pill and sterile abortion
technology may have "liberated women from men"...but
IVF and ArtInsem, and a bit later nuclear transfer and
genetic engineering, stand to "liberate the men from the
women" on a much more fundamental level.
  Bifurcation (or should that be polyfurcation) of the species
on the basis of gender...well..it gives gender conflict a
whole new dimension...even if it's confined to small portions
of the elites.
    Is this "biological fitness" in terms of "spread your genes
throughout the human population"? No.
  Is it "biological fitness" in terms of evolve and diverge from
your relatives? Not sure..but it bears watching....

"he came into the world in the usual way...
  ...and it occured to me..my boy was just like me..."
Brian