re: Godhood vs Children

From: Amara Graps (Amara.Graps@mpi-hd.mpg.de)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 11:29:19 MDT

>I don't want children, my wife has decided that she must try to have one.

It's awkward to answer without knowing your name, but ..

I don't see a solution to your problem. The homelife of the child
should be one where it's wanted (by both parents, or by one, if a
single parent). If you don't like children, then please don't have
any.

>My question here is, how do you reconcile having children with
>pursuing goals that can't be accomplished in a normal lifespan to
>begin with?

You select the most important goals and you make time for the goals
most important to you. For women with time-consuming careers it's
complicated (obviously).

Amara

Amara Graps                |   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik
Interplanetary Dust Group  |   Saupfercheckweg 1
+49-6221-516-543           |   69117 Heidelberg, GERMANY
Amara.Graps@mpi-hd.mpg.de  *   http://galileo.mpi-hd.mpg.de/~graps
      "Never fight an inanimate object." - P. J. O'Rourke