RE: Godhood vs Children

From: Max M (maxmcorp@worldonline.dk)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 11:38:25 MDT

> From: Behalf Of Mike Lorrey

> I highly suggest this as well. A lifelong freind has kept his
> wife at bay in the
> baby department with this tactic for 7+ years now. They have two dogs, and
> whenever she slacks off in the dog care department, he's
> saying,"How do you expect
> to be responsible for kids if you don't want to take care of
> dogs?"

Well it might have worked for him, but having had both dogs and 3 kids, I
can say for shure that it is not the same. The feelings that a parent has
for it's siblings are FAR stronger than those for a pet.

The hormones do their stuff there.

To say that somebody will neglect their children because they loose
interrest in their pets is like comparing apples to oranges.

But aside from that...

In my experience, setting goals for your life and achieving them dosen't
have much to do with having children or not. I get at least as much done as
my friends that do not have kids.

I guess I just use my time more efficiently. Or maybe there isn't much
difference in time spent on a bar friday night or a friday night playing
computers with the kids.

Most of us mere mortals wastes most of our time anyway. Either because we
are slacking/relaxing to much, or work on the wrong projects, or because we
don't have the wills or skills it takes to succeed with our goals.

Regards Max M

Max M. W. Rasmussen, Denmark. New Media Director
private: maxmcorp@worldonline.dk work: maxm@normik.dk
Shipping software is an unnatural act