Re: MUSIC Frank Zappa

From: GBurch1@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 07:15:21 MST

Incredibly, I'm posting again on this thread. The brief discussion about
Zappa's music we had here a couple of months ago caused me to begin listening
intensively again to Zappa's music. This ended up with me scouring the web
for Zappa material, getting and reading "The Real Frank Zappa Book" (the
closest thing there is to an autobiography) and . . . ultimately to making a
Zappa web page:

                http://users.aol.com/gburch2/zappa.html

where you'll find a complete discography linked to Amazon and a link for the
book, which I highly recommend. In the process I came to a definitive answer
to the questions about Zappa's social and political views that were raised:
Zappa was pretty much an absolute libertarian individualist and agnostic with
very strongly-held views about the positive value of science and critical
thinking and the anti-reason effects of organized religion. It would be hard
to find a more extropian artist. Especially for our younger subscribers who
won't remember Zappa personally, I highly recommend exploration of his music
and thought.

        Greg Burch <GBurch1@aol.com>----<burchg@liddellsapp.com>
           Attorney ::: Director, Extropy Institute ::: Wilderness Guide
        http://users.aol.com/gburch1 -or- http://members.aol.com/gburch1
                   "Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must
                      be driven into practice with courageous impatience."
                              -- Admiral Hyman G. Rickover