Re: Weather Modification vs People

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 17:02:36 MST

 ON A SKEPTICAL NOTE...

 In my brief inquiry into possible explanations for the facts
 outlined in the ENS news reports about mysterious spraying
 from jets [1], it's my assessment at this time that some
 innocuous explanations are taking the lead. Here's why:

  * The major bug I've discovered with the accounts of
  cobwebs and "angle hair" falling from aircraft and UFOs
  is that all the accounts I've found have the witnesses
  claiming that the material "disappears" when they try
  to collect it! I suppose it could suddenly melt and turn
  to a gas (as is claimed) whenever people get near it(?!);
  however, claims that the evidence is gathered by it keeps
  disappearing before it can be tested are suspect on their
  face! My request for information about the four samples
  of "angel hair" ENS reported remains unanswered. I can
  only assume and hope that, if those samples were taken
  successfully as indicated, they didn't also disappear.

  * Spray from aircraft that is said to HAVE been tested
  [2] is claimed to be jet fuel. Not that dumping jet fuel
  on people is not bad, but that sounds more like routine
  pilot-negligence than evidence of a secret operation.

  * I've also heard talk about photographs and videos of
  the complex-contrail patterns these jets are said to make,
  but no such evidence has been presented, and what I have
  seen presented as evidence are photos showing nothing but
  an average number of one or two contrails in the sky! But
  what is more, it turns out that seeing weather-modifica-
  tion activity is not as unusual as one might assume:

  * The ENS report cited 11 states wherein witnesses have
  observed unusual contrail patterns and cloud-seeding-like
  aerial activity. My Internet searches proved that of those
  states, 3 have official nonclassified cloud-seeding pro-
  grams. Also, 6 other states are involved in an open-
  to-the-public NOAA wether-modification program.

  In all, I found 10 states involved in nonclassified
  cloud-seeding programs.[3] Considering you can't find
  everything after only a few hours of searching the www,
  it stands to reason that there are probably still more
  nonclassified cloud-seeding activities around the nation.

  Of course, based on the military's own information, it
  stands to reason that classified weather-modification
  activities are also happening. But the fact that wide-
  spread weather modification is occurring on an open
  basis means that witness accounts of activity fitting
  that profile are not necessarily significant. For me,
  these facts significantly reduce (but do not elimi-
  nate) the gravity of the mysterious-contrail case.

  [1] Environmental News Service on mysterious spraying:
  http://ens.lycos.com/ens/jan99/1999L-01-08-05.html
  http://ens.lycos.com/ens/jan99/1999L-01-12-01.html
  [2] Contains posts pertaining to the contrail case
  including a claim that spray samples are jet fuel:
  http://www.esotericworldnews.com/evenmore.htm

  [3] Weather-Modification Programs In 10 States:

  Nevada State Weather Modification Program:
  http://www.dri.edu/ASC/WxMod/HomePage.html

  Oklahoma State Weather Modification Program:
  http://www.hpj.com/wsdocs/jul98/CR150645.HTM

  North Dakota Weather Modification Project:
  http://www.swc.state.nd.us/ARB/html/ndcmp.html

  A Cooperative Atmospheric Modification Program page
  (http://www.swc.state.nd.us/arb/html/noaamp.htm.html)
  says: "Presently [1998] six states are participating
  in the [NOAA weather modification] program: Arizona,
  Illinois, Nevada, North Dakota, Texas, and Utah."

  California-based Weather Modification Project:
  http://www.dri.edu/Projects/Modeling/wxmod.html

  A Colorado Weather Modification Program is cited:
  http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/100596/artifici.htm

  New Mexico's "Llano Estacado Weather Modification program":
http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/resourcesmag/summer97/planting.html

Visit Ian Williams Goddard ------> http://Ian.Goddard.net
(+) Something can come from nothing, if, and only if, (-)
(-) that something is equal to nothing ((-)+(+) = 0). (+)
"[I]n any closed universe the negative gravitational energy
 cancels the energy of matter exactly. The total energy, or
  equivalently the total mass, is precisely equal to zero."

- + - + Dr. Alan Guth (The Inflationary Universe) + - + -