RE: clones/'perfect'-mates/self-image

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Mon Dec 28 1998 - 07:55:22 MST

HLYRthnGOD@aol.com wrote:
> do all of the members on this list have self-image problems
> or what? ; )

Speaking purely for myself:
No, I just tend towards a literal interpretation of 'perfect'. I'd get
along pretty well with a sex-reversed duplicate of myself, but I can imagine
much better possibilities. In particular, I think the ideal mate would have
strengths and weaknesses different from my own - its nice to have someone
who can cover for you on your weak spots.

Besides, 'perfect' also implies a level of physical attractiveness that is
rare in any group. We might have one or two people on the list who like
their own appearance that much, but surely no more. There is a big
difference between 'I look OK' and 'I'm drop-dead gorgeous and I know it'.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com