RE: Challenge of Design Complexity

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 17:03:24 MST

Robin Hanson wrote:
> OK, what is recent history of tech progresss that shows
> acceleration?
> Patent stats show deceleration, if anything.

Well, I'm surprised to find that this is a controversial statement, but I'll
see what I can do.

In the meantime, I hope we can at least agree that western history from
sometime in the late middle ages to the early 20th century shows a dramatic
increase in the rate of change. If you think that the trend has slowed, or
even reversed, in recent years, I would be interested to hear why.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com