Re: META: Gentlefolk, please maintain include trimming discipline

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 05:12:01 MST

Eugene Leitl [eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de] wrote:
>ASCII wastelands (verbatim post
>citations) in form of page-long posts with the only content cargo
>being naughty one-liners at the bottom are 1) intensely frowned upon
>at first occurence 2) mercilessly killfiled thereafter

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of this recently; and as usual most of the worst
offenders seem to be using Microsoft software with its braindead
configuration. Unfortunately asking normally doesn't work; I run several
mailing lists myself and the only solution I could find was to modify the
list software to detect and bounce back all such messages... maybe we
could do the same here?

    Mark