Re: GPS BASICS: WAS:Re: BASICS: Property Rights

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 12:45:27 MST

Spike Jones writes:

> today there are gps guided
> reentry bodies that have not been used but there are detailed
> references to them in the open literature, some of it generated
> by me, and blessed by the censureship committee of lockheed
> martin.

Spike, are there purely optically guided missiles out there? I could
think that it would be difficult for subradar missiles (would require
some descendant of the silicon retina technology to recognize anything
in all the blur), but for those coming right out of the blue
(ballistic) it would be difficult to jam the CCD, but by very
powerful lasers or nuke flares, and there would still be GPS
and/or inertial navigation available.

'gene