Greetings..

From: xebec (xebec@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 12 1998 - 06:26:12 MST

    Somehow I was TOTALLY exhausted last night, but 6 hours of sleep is
enough to wake me up with full energy this morning..
I wonder how long this will last..

    Anyway... It has occured to me that in all of this "technological
advancement" that we have already (here in 1998), when it
comes to the science of the mind (psychology, and psychiatry), we have
no REAL CLUE of what levels of what chemicals
are supposed to be present in our brain.

    The reason I find this "depressing" is because basically, the way
our brain (seems to) work is that all of your cells operate
in a "logical" manner -- that is, neurons communicate back and forth and
logically decide what is the next course of action based
upon a series of algortythms and timing. Of course, cell efficiency,
and the health of the cell can alter these things, which could
give us different actions than otherwise "predicted" by the brain -->
the REAL modifier of behavior is what chemicals that
have been released into our brain and are floating through the cells.
THIS is what effects the "efficiency" of cells, and alters the
likely course that course that they decide to take..

    If we cannot determine what are NORMAL levels or what we can change
to change our emotions, then theoretically, the
more intelligent someone is, the more trouble they can run into when
something goes wrong. Now, of course I'm implying here
that I'm more intelligent than a lot of people, and when my emotions go
off, I'm experiencing "far worse" things than someone
with less intelligent -- but look at the demographics... People who
are "less intellgent" seem to be more easily satisfied with the
things that life has to offer them. Consequently, someone who is aware
and can conceive of MUCH MORE than our lives
currently offer, we could be MUCH LESS happier than those who never
thought of those things in the first place..

    And with the advent of science fiction, and the such.. as well as
the fact that our thinking brains [on this planet], have
been advancing EVERYTHING [at an exponential rate], (including
thought), over the last 100 years, there are becoming more
possibilities for us to conceive of, as well as greater possibilities
that when our brains are "out of chemical alignment", "terrible"
things will happen.

    Just a rant...

John