Re: m1, m2, m3 civilizations

From: haradon@acsu.buffalo.edu
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 13:24:51 MST

--On Wednesday, December 09, 1998, 10:51 PM -0800 "Spike Jones"
<spike66@ibm.net> wrote:

> question please, o great writhing amoeba of collective extropian arcania:
> is anyone here familiar with the terms m1, m2, m3, civilizations? i think
> i saw it here once. the definition is something like: an m1 civilization
is one
> that has exhausted the resources of a continent. m2... a planet? where
> does this terminology come from? thanks! spike

I may be wrong but here is something to help you a little.. I think what you
are referring to is that an m1 is in control of a planet, including its
weather.. m2 is in control of the resources of a solar system, and m3 a
galaxy. I think I got this from Hyperspace by Michio Kaku.. it is someone
else's ideas but he mentioned it in brief talking about the time scale for
manipulation of worm holes or something.

Zeb Haradon
my web page:
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~haradon