gender apartheid and transhumanists

From: Kathryn Aegis (aegis@igc.apc.org)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 08:18:09 MST

I assume that many of you are aware of the situation in Afghanistan by
now. An excellent set of factual material and suggestions for action
can be found at http://www.feminist.org/afghan/intro.html.

 Kudos to Ellie Smeal and the FFM for mounting a clear, rational and strong
campaign. In media interviews, Ms. Smeal has based her comments on the
scientific basis for opposing house arrest for women--the severe health
consequences brought about by a lack of sunshine and access to medical care.

I hope that transhumanists, individually or in their groups, will
decide to take some sort of action or make some sort of statement that
indicates that we do not tolerate this sort of retrograde human abuse.
If the situation is not reversed in Afghanistan, we will be living in a
time in which at least one nation on the globe has free rein to
segregate and punish its citizens based on their biology.

Sin,
Kathryn Aegis