Re: linux on acer's 340T laptop

From: Charlie Stross (charlie@antipope.org)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 05:17:13 MST

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 12:42:37PM -0500, gary tripp wrote:
> Last resort: has anyone seen or contemplated putting linux on this machine?

Not personally, no.

Have you checked the Linux on Laptops website?

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

The general format is a set of generic HOWTOs, plus links to a galaxy
of monographs describing specific machines. I see no entry for the Acer
340T, but there're about twenty links to other Acer machines -- if the
340T is a variant on another design, there's a good chance you'll find
some pointers there.

(I've just written a piece on laptops for my regular Linux column --
ping me if you want to see a copy. Individuals only.)

-- Charlie