Re: something from the columbine tapes

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 21:19:02 MST

Kathryn Aegis wrote:

> Would rather not have heard this, a detail from the release of
> the videotapes made by the two Columbine killers:
>
> Kleibold:
>
> 'We're not human any more. We've evolved one step above you.'

Remember the transhumanist mantra: Seeking to be better is good,
claiming to be perfect is bad, that's the difference and always has been.

That's also why I use the term "transhumanist", and *never*
"transhuman", to refer to Extropians and our ilk.

--
               sentience@pobox.com      Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
                  http://pobox.com/~sentience/beyond.html