Re: The Imitation Game (was: AI)

From: CurtAdams@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 01:47:36 MST

In a message dated 12/19/99 23:03:42, Eileen wrote:

>What is it about people who find
>pleasure in torturing cute things which makes them jerks
>(objectively or subjectively...it doesn't really matter)?

I would think that our built-in reactions make it impossible
for normal people to enjoy torturing cute things. To do
so, your normal reactions would have to be damaged or
massively altered. Most such changes would presumably
produce jerks or worse.

Torturing small animals as a child is a strong signal for
seriously anti-social behavior (murder, rape, etc.) as
an adult.