Re: The Imitation Game (was: AI)

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 23:08:18 MST

> > Eliezer wrote...how many people would refuse to shut off their computers
> for fear
> > of destroying the "Don't kill me!" applet? ...If you'd conversed with it
> long
> > enough, it could even say "I thought you were nice!" before it died....

Hey you know, if we could get a cute enough "don't kill me" applet,
we could run some background process during the time the cute
thing is begging for its life. This could make available huge amounts
of compute time that would otherwise be wasted. Great idea,
for those of us who are background processing fans. {8^D spike