Re: UPL: Dogs and Domestication

From: KPJ (kpj@sics.se)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 02:54:08 MST

It appears as if Glen Finney <Delvieron@aol.com> wrote:
|I think I if any animal deserves to be uplifted, it is the dog.

One would probably want to re-define the old fascistic society system
of the canines. Except maybe if one happens to belong to the set of
(para)military humans, of course.

The canines enjoy a strictly hierarchical society, from the alpha couple
at the top down to the lowest ranked dog at the bottom. Much like
a Nazi world order, in fact. In the artificial flocks formed with humans,
humans normally become the top dog. When a dog feel it has higher rank
than a human it becomes dangerous and the owner will have it killed
(``put to sleep'').