population, homosexuality

From: Rob Harris (rob@hbinternet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 05:13:43 MST

Spike wrote:
>One might conclude that the homosexual deviation is in some way
>advantageous to the *population* in which it occurs, thus explaining
>its existence. spike

Nice one! I'd never thought of that possibility. Of course, the first thing
that came to me was "How can Homos pass on their genes for any amplification
of effect to be made? But then I thought "Perhaps the presence of the
recessive gene in the pool as a whole is preferable, and so is indirectly
propagated by the reproducing carriers"....