META: Dead Horses and Canonization

From: Dan Fabulich (daniel.fabulich@yale.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:50:43 MST

The thought occurs to me that one interesting way to help get past this
might be to compile sets of posts on the relevant topic(s), posts which
cover all the basic issues as well as many of the most salient objections,
and have it indexed via a table of contents, keywords, etc.

That way, rather than saying "Yeah, yeah, we've already discussed this
before" one could say "Not only have we discussed this before, this very
point has already been specified. Check out the Qualia canon, in the
section on Turing computation, and you can read the objections to your
claims. We'll respect you a lot more when you can contribute something
new to the canon."

-Dan

      -unless you love someone-
    -nothing else makes any sense-