Re: Great Truth and their Contraries

From: Joe E. Dees (joedees@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 20:24:42 MST

From: CurtAdams@aol.com
Date sent: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 21:57:17 EST
Subject: Re: Great Truth and their Contraries
To: extropians@extropy.com
Send reply to: extropians@extropy.com

> Sean Stickle wrote:
>
> > Read Mach, the explanation is quite clear. There are no preferred intertial
> > frames, therefore any point in space can be considered the center.
>
> Not with rotation. Rotating frames aren't inertial.

Btw, the earth does not rotate around the sun any more than the
sun rotates around the earth; they rotate around a common point
between them (if we bracket the gravitational effects of the other
planets) - this point is much closer to the sun than it is to the earth
due to the "massive" disparity in mass between them.