Re: NANO: Custom molecules (gulp!)

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 21:19:20 MST

D.den Otter wrote:

> No, no, NO! For god's sake man, trust your instincts
> on this one.

den Otter, I *have* no instincts on this one. {8-[

> If nanotech comes first, on the other hand, we *will*
> have a fighting chance, certainly if we start planning
> a space program (as mentioned in the "SPACE:
> How hard IS it to get off Earth?" thread)

But, did we not pretty much agree that a space program
may not help, for replicating nanoassemblers might easily
be blasted loose from the surface of a planet by a stray
meteorite, never mind intentional spewing forth of tiny
amounts of goo. Nanobots travel better than we do.

Eliezer, what is your notion? spike