Re: Selfishness vs Altruism; an outdated dicotomy?

From: Delvieron@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 22:44:48 MST

In a message dated 11/17/1999 6:42:11 AM EST, neptune@mars.superlink.net
writes:

<< I thought this essay by Greg Johnson might be helpful in this thread. At
 least, it might clear up some issues before ditching the self concept.

 For the record, I think the self concept works well and is based on reality.
 The human mind acts as a unity -- in as much as anything that we normally
 think of as a unity acts thus. I think improvements on it probably will
 too, but that remains to be seen.

 Cheers!

 Daniel Ust
 http://mars.superlink.net/neptune/ >>

Thanks Daniel, I did find the essay useful.

Glen Finney