Genetics, nannotechnology, and programming

From: Skye Howard (skyezacharia@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 18:37:21 MDT

Hi all,
  This is Skye with some odd tech ideas I've cobbled
together by absentmindedly skimming through some of
the more interesting posts (so I will need help on the
technical details most likely)- had another
thought/idea that might merit discussion- what about
engineering some of those artificial chromosomes to
create artificial structures- for example, an implant
of some kind that would be inherited. I'm not saying
that humans would be able to do this just by laying
down a blueprint ofr something and saying, "Ok, doctor
Jenny, go engineer this for me," and having them come
back with little Borg mice or something- human thought
wouldn't be too necessary for creating something like
this. I mean, for example, you could enter the
specifications into a computer as the "desired output"
and then running it through one of those genetic
algorhythm programs. What better application for
genetic algorhythm programming than genetic
engineering? Anyways, I suppose what I am thinking
about are two things I've sort of thought about for
awhile and haven't really gotten around to mentioning-
A)Genetic engineering of mechanical devices (possible
jumps on nannotech using cell replication methods?)
(inheritable implants?)
b)applications of genetic algorhythm programming to
genetic engineering.
I have a lot of weird ideas like these to post, but I
haven't written them out very well yet, so I'm gonna
sort of do some research on them, and this one as
well, and see if I can put together something more
concise.
these are some odd thoughts I had awhile back. Tell me
if they spark any ideas, outrage you, make you happy,
or what have you- judging by the amount of sleep I've
had in the past week (I've been a little busy doing
some things) I'm not sure any of this makes sense:)
Oh, and P.S.- I want to thank you all for your imput
on the violence subject- It really helped!:) I got a
lot of information together, and my biology teacher
was somewhat amazed by the in depthness of the data-
and he was sort of impressed that I even talk to you
people- it was all very cool and wonderfull and it
worked out well on everyone's behalf, plus from the
number of replies I got I could tell it was something
worth taking a look at by everyone.:)

=====