Re: Bioplague [has Tom Clancy spoilers]

From: Edd111@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 11:41:00 MDT

In this genre of future fiction, did anyone read the bestseller "Chromosome
6" that came out I believe 2 years ago? The general synopsis was that the
'histocompatibility complex' found on Ch. 6, which aids in differentiating us
from other lower primates (chimpanzees, bonobos', etc.) was implanted in the
cellular nuclei of said primates and, after embryogenesis, a few months
later, voila--A proto-human!

The question I have, does anyone with the appropriate background know if this
is indeed possible given the current state of biotech? Just curious!
Thanks
Ed