Re: Degrees vs. smarts

From: Natasha Vita-More (natasha@natasha.cc)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 20:37:31 MDT

At 09:08 PM 10/4/99 -0400, David wrote:

>Nadia) and sci-tech (mostly everyone else). It seems that there's just as
>profound a split in perspective between the sci- and the -tech.

I can't agree with you David.

Viewing my own posts over the past year, *more* than 50% of my posts are on
the topic of biotechnology (science + technology). And, most of my posts
on art are laced with refernces to science and technology.

Also, I notice that most of the respondees to the thread that I started on
an art topic a couple of weeks ago, that developed numerous subthreads,
were not "artists." And, the artists who responded did so with a lot of
technical savvy.

This is a very good sign.

Natasha