Re: Degrees vs. smarts

From: Kathryn Aegis (k_aegis@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 20:36:06 MDT

I think it was David Lubkin who wrote:
>Nadia) and sci-tech (mostly everyone else). It seems that there's just as
>profound a split in perspective between the sci- and the -tech.

Needless splits, or does that need saying? We have quite a polymathic
group here. Many persons other than Nadia and Natasha, including myself,
have posted on art topics, and Nadia and Natasha have posted on technical
topics.

Pigeonholing seems a needless remnant of the prior economic need to
specialize, whereas now and in the future an interdisciplinary approach
will produce the ideas and products that carry humanity forward.

Kathryn Aegis