Re: Should we be developing nonlethal means of self-defense?

From: Robert J. Bradbury (bradbury@www.aeiveos.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 11:33:29 MDT

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Jeff Davis wrote:

> Thumbs up on the non-lethal self-defense concept. Permit my humble
> unworthiness to expand on it.

For those of you who are members of the World Future Society,
the October 1999 issue of The Futurist, has an article on
Nonlethal Weapons: pgs 34-38. It also has a counterpoint
on pages 39-40.

Recomended books are:
  "Future War: Non-Lethal Weapons in Twenty-First Century Warefare"
   John B. Alexander, St. Martin's Press, 1999

And

  FORUM for Applied Resarch and Public Policy (Summer, 1999)
perhaps including
  http://www.brad.ac.uk/acad/peace/
and
  http://forum.ra.utk.edu/

I personally would be much happier if the police were required
to use methods that are unlikely to leave holes in my body.

Robert