Re: Crocker's Rules vs. Love & Rocket Science

From: Kathryn Aegis (k_aegis@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 19:55:00 MDT

Eliezer writes:
>Subtract both arrogance and humility, and what's left is an offhand
>estimate of one's percentile that could move an order of magnitude in
>either direction without us caring much.

Remove both arrogance and humility, and what is left is the potential for a
calm knowledge of the potential of one's own abilities. A knowledge that
produces a confidence that no one can shake, because it does not require
constant reinforcement through comparison with others.

To put in another way: Do not walk ahead of me, so that I must follow you.
 Do not walk behind me, so that I must lead you. Walk beside me, so that
we can talk.

Kathryn Aegis