NEWS: Cog & Kismet

From: Robert J. Bradbury (bradbury@aeiveos.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 11:39:00 MDT

The October '99 issue of Discover Magazine has an interesting
article on the work being done at MIT to give Kismet
real facial expressions and an a range of emotions.
Great pictures of a robot making "human" faces and
surprisingly small network of 3 chips that control
attention and perception.

These folks want to make the "robots" our *friends*
but with human behavior patterns. Just what I need
a robot that starts kicking me if I don't play with it!

Also an interesting article on work in progress finding
the genes responsible for high IQ.

Robert