Re: Waco: Govt Set Fire

From: Robert J. Bradbury (bradbury@www.aeiveos.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 11:00:45 MDT

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Spike Jones wrote:

> Ian Goddard wrote:
>
> > If the evidence shows Govt agents acting
> > in an organized/planned fashion, firing
> > guns into a building filled with people,
> > I can't think of any more appropriate
> > conclusion to draw than that the Govt
> > acted with intent to commit mass murder.
>
> Ian I wonder how long before one of the ATF agents
> breaks ranks and publishes a tell-all?

Spike points out the fundamental problem with
a conspiracy theory. You have to guarantee that
nobody will *ever* decide they made a mistake
and talk about it. You could never guarantee
that with the number of agents that were involved
at Waco.

I *would* be more inclined to believe that one
or two individuals got a little too much sun one
day and screwed up. Or that a couple of trigger
happy "cowboys", tired of being away from their
family for months decided to try to "accelerate"
the situation.

But what that would imply is stress, poor training,
poor command choices, etc. -- *NOT* as has been
suggested that "mass murder was the Govt's intent".

Of course the situation was organized/planned --
they had been at this for months. You don't
surround a bunch of armed people who have
presumably violated at least some laws
without being organized. You don't lay seige
to such a group without some planning.

What possible *motive* would there be for the
Govt to want to intentionally murder a bunch
of its own citizens? It makes no sense.

Robert