What the "powers that be" will do to extropians and everyone else...

From: john grigg (starman125@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 15:13:29 MDT

Hello,

I see the memes of extropianism getting into the mainstream no matter what
the government may do.

>The 'powers that be' are going to stomp us flatter than dried elephant
>shit unless we take care.

But at the same time I think rather then being "stomped" to death we well be
along with the general public REGULATED to death!! And with powerful home
A.I. and nanotech they will have good reason to do this. You think the
federal government has too much bureaucracy now!! Whether this can be done
fairly unobtrusively and without totally violating civil liberties will be
interesting to see.

John Grigg