What are the important topics?

From: john grigg (starman125@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 15:01:54 MDT

Greetings,

"J. R. Molloy" wrote:

>The future of transhumanism looks bright to me.
>(Even brighter if we can manage to avoid wasting too much time with
>religiosity, politics, romance, sports, or philosophy.)

Are we dealing with human beings here?? lol The need to commune with the
infinite and the power institutionalized religion holds on humanity for good
and bad, the power structures and ways we control and influence each other
in politics, the desire to be connect with another and be loved, the thrills
and bitter disappointments that viewers and players can gain from sports
along with some stirring lessons in teamwork and hard-work and the study of
values and reality...these all are so at the core of the human condition!!

I understand how talking about the "hard sciences" can seem more practical
but the study of topics relating to the social sciences give us insight into
the humanity that will wield the incredible technologies that are coming.

John Grigg