META: URL forwarder service

From: Michael Wiik (mwiik@messagenet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 1999 - 12:55:06 MDT

Here's something I hope might be useful when including long URLs in list
postings. I use a mailer (Netscape's Communicator email client) which
hyperlinks any URLs in messages. Problems arise on occassion with a real
long URL, as it breaks onto a new line and the hyperlinked URL doesn't
work.

See:
http://www.messagenet.com/fw/

The above page will provide you with a short URL which will redirect to
an entered URL.

This is intended for extropians and a couple of other mailing lists I'm
on, and is not advertised to the general public. The short URLs are
available first-come first-served, and will be reused at some point, so
don't rely on these for permanent bookmarks.

Thanks,
    -Mike

Michael Wiik
Principal
Messagenet Communications Research
Washington DC Area Internet and WWW Consultants
http://messagenet.com
mwiik@messagenet.com