Re: Yeah, guns and guns and guns and guns

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 15:02:38 MDT

Eugene Leitl wrote:

> Do you think anybody is still listening?

No. I've been deleting everything. I think that at this point we
should Ban the following topics, except for brief announcements of bad laws.

1. Guns.
2. Politics.

Extropianism is about ultratechnology, whether the Principles say so or
not - just as science fiction is about advanced technology. We need to
crack down decisively on those topics that aren't about technology at all.

--
           sentience@pobox.com          Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
        http://pobox.com/~sentience/tmol-faq/meaningoflife.html