Re: Yeah, guns and guns and guns and guns

From: Michael S. Lorrey (mike@lorrey.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 09:17:07 MDT

"Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" wrote:

> Eugene Leitl wrote:
> >
> > Do you think anybody is still listening?
>
> No. I've been deleting everything. I think that at this point we
> should Ban the following topics, except for brief announcements of bad laws.
>
> 1. Guns.
> 2. Politics.
>
> Extropianism is about ultratechnology, whether the Principles say so or
> not - just as science fiction is about advanced technology. We need to
> crack down decisively on those topics that aren't about technology at all.

I'm all for it, so long as the opposing side does too. I try to never initiate
these things, but to permit unanswered inanities from the controller's side on a
list that is purportedly of libertarian bent is inconcionable.

BTW: Guns are, in fact, technology. Not politically correct technology, but
technology nontheless. Those that tolerate supression of such a mundane
technology like guns cannot cry and whine when the really usefull technologies
get banned by the same tyrants. When evil men conspire, free men must associate.

Mike Lorrey