Re: What are we going to do about all the space junk?

From: Damien Broderick (damien@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Apr 23 1999 - 07:37:32 MDT

At 08:03 PM 22/04/99 +0200, Anders wrote:

>was originally thinking some years back (around 91 or so) about
>space-living creatures, and the concept of living solar sails came
>up.

Don't John Varley's `Eight Worlds' symbionts - humans merged with alien
space-dwelling slime molds - amount to a living solar sail? And Niven's
star seeds (or did they just float haplessly from sun to sun?). And Donald
Moffett's wonderful starfaring trees in THE GENESIS QUEST and SECOND GENESIS?

Very nice idea, it's true.

Damien Broderick