RE: reasoning under computational limitations

From: Billy Brown (bbrown@conemsco.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 09:43:31 MST

Nick Bostrom wrote:
> Reasoning under computational limitations is a very underdeveloped
> field. In any case I don't think much of that would be applicable
> here. What is relevant is rather the literature about the Doomsday
> argument and the anthropic principle (which you of course already
> know a lot about). Check out my web site at
> http://www.anthropic-principle.com.

Hmmm. Wouldn't this be more correctly phrased as a prediction about the
number of gaussian humans that will exist in the future? The number of
posthumans currently living appears to be 0, which means you'd need an
entirely different chain of reasoning to predict *their* likelihood of
survival.

Billy Brown, MCSE+I
bbrown@conemsco.com