Re: Is There A Need for Transhuman sensory deprivation?

From: Spike Jones (spike66@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 17:37:09 MST

>Paul Hughes wrote: See http://www.samadhitank.com/

> Spike, don't you live near Palo Alto? If you do, I think there is still a Spa
> operating there called Watercourse Way. ...About 10 years ago, they had 3 tanks.

 I do. Cool! Thanks Paul, Ill check that out and report back. Now that I think it
over, I might be able to reproduce something like this in my own home, for
I have a bathroom that is not adjacent to any external wall, with a very large
tub, and my house is quite well sound insulated. I could light seal the door
and produce total darkness and quiet. I think I even have a box of epsom
salts around here somewhere. That sounds kinda cool: a sensory deprivation
sort of thing. spike