Re: ...

From: J. R. Molloy (jr@shasta.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 09:30:18 MST

Arnaldo wrote,
> ... Nietzsche said Man Must Transcend
>Himself... and his Superman is nothing but the now more realistic
>Transhumanist.. If you say SHALL, stupid people will think that there is
>an alternative...

I see what you mean. Can't we muster up enough generosity to allow stupid
people to have their alternative? After all, if they have no alternative,
then they'll take it that they _must_ transcend through coercive tactics of
transhumanity. Who will take charge of the sordid task of transcending
stupid people (possibly against their will)? Why can't we leave stupid
people to their stupidity, if they prefer that? I myself have elected to
remain a sub-genius, fearing what horrors more intelligence than I already
have might reveal to me right around the corner. <looks out window and
laughs>
--J. R.